Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Considering...

The toddler tantrums are wearing us down.

Last weekend, at my parents' church, Em took out the entire body of worship.

Her tantrum was that epic.

The sanctuary holding the adult service. Check.

The nursery. Wing. Check.

The cry room. Check.

The sanctuary again. From the cry room. Check.

The youth service in the gymnasium. Check. Check.

Check, please!

5 comments:

Mrs. Joyce said...

I remember those endless trips up and down the aisle of several churches, with several girls. Humiliating. Much more entertaining from the Marmee perspective. Sorry.

headlesschickie said...

get in the car. Check. come back later and pick up the reasonable portion of the family. check.

RG Mama said...

The forgiveness was freely offered, but it does little soothe the "giant loser" feeling we had.

We totally stayed too long at the dance and should have headed straight to the car.

Live and learn, I guess.

Anonymous said...

One time, when I was 9 months pregnant, Nathan (age 3) threw a monumental tantrum at a church where my husband was guest speaking. When I took him outside, we set the fire alarm off! They didn't ask us to come back. Hang in there.

Flawed And Disorderly said...

See. One more reason not to go to church this year.