Tuesday, November 18, 2008

orchestral tutorial


This book is Roo's current favorite. She spends a lot of time flipping through the pages and identifying all her favorite Muppets and their activities.

Roo started bringing the book to me a couple of weeks ago requesting, "Book. Read?", and opening to this page.

The expectation was for me to repeat after her while she told me who was who. Because Roo recognizes violins and knows it represents a word that begins with a V, she also pointed out that the Count was playing a "bio-win". So, I began telling her about the instruments being played by the other orchestra members.

And now, may I present, the Sesame Street Orchestra Tutorial by Roo, translated by Mom and Dad.


*cameos by Em

5 comments:

Shannon said...

awwwwwwww. I'm all schooled on Sesame Street and who plays what.
-Shannon

Becky at "Cheese My Head" said...

I'm sooo glad you got that on video. I love hearing her say "Prairie Dawn". Precious!

Mrs. Joyce said...

What a priceless piece of video! Orchestra and cheese! They go so well together. I wish I could take the girls backstage to a rehearsal and show them real instruments up close and personal--let them hear what sounds they make.

kasogayle said...

I love it!! How would you spell Roo's version of "Praire Dawn plays the cello", by the way? :) I can't believe how big they are getting...makes me awfully lonesome to see them.

headlesschickie said...

Good thing Jamie had the words to read!! That is like, one of the cutest things I've ever seen. Thanks for sharing!