The girls had their first day back at preschool today.
It was a super dreary day with non-stop rain. So the cute outfits were covered with cute raincoats. And the picture was taken inside instead of on the porch.
Em couldn't wait to get started. She was a beaming ray of sunshine on this gloomy gray day. It was all the better for the rain because that meant she got to wear her rain boots and her backpack!
Roo had a great time at welcome week but was feeling some trepidation about going without me this week. A little sad. A bit scared and a touch envious because of how easy Em made it look. I've heard that feeling described as magenta. A mix of colors... not quite blue, not so scared you're yellow and not exactly green with envy... magenta.
When we got to school, Em couldn't get started fast enough. Roo clung and cried. I handed her over to Ms. Laura and kissed them both goodbye. Not my favorite part of the day by any stretch.
Afterwards, I stood in the hallway for a good half hour.
And asked the art teacher to go in with my camera. Here's what I saw.
My brave little bit getting started on her big adventure.
And my intrepid explorer blazing a trail.
I am so proud of them.
4 comments:
got a lump in my throat. Love those girls.
Magenta's one of my favorite colors and the RG's are absolutely my favorite girls. I love all their colors........as Emme would say, "they're so CUTE"....Happy 1st day of school, girls.
I teared up reading this too. I feel like I love these girls just a tad bit, and I've never really even met them. Reading about them gives me so much to look forward to. Great job, Mom!
Proud of all three of you! And love you lots.
Post a Comment