Thursday, March 10, 2011

not my proudest moment

I snagged an hour pass to run a few errands last night.

J rolled in from work as I finished making the girls' dinner. The RGs were situated at the table and working on picking apart their food and J decided to fry up some mystery meat as I prepared to leave.

Just as I was closing the door, the smoking skillet set off the fire alarms.

The girls were screaming "CALL 9-1-1!" as the kitchen filled with smoke.

I thought, briefly, about going back to help.

And then...

I ran.

(it was all fine when I got home)

2 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

No shame. I heard a bedtime tantrum going on the other night and I was shamelessly glad I was nursing the baby and putting her down. I may have even taken a little longer than necessary...read an extra book or two...you know.

Vanessa said...

Ha!