Sunday, April 3, 2011

preschooler version: lost in translation

"I need a stick with a 2 on it."
translation: I need a toothpick.

"All my day long."
translation: I've always wanted to do that.

"Can we go to fun crackers?
translation: Fuddruckers

"Daddy? You need to touch the handles, ok."
translation: Put both hands on the car's steering wheel.

Overheard:
J to me: What time is it?
Em to J: It's breeeeeeeeeeeeew time!
translation: I'm ready to go hang out in the garage and mess around while you do some homebrewing.

3 comments:

Becky at "Cheese My Head" said...

oh, man. Those are all awesome. They just get better and better. Personal fav: "stick with a 2 on it"

Mrs. Joyce said...

Also a fan of fun crackers.

Anonymous said...

Fun crackers is a heck of a better name than freakin' Fuddruckers.
'Brew time' cracks me up. It makes me think of the 'Loo-coo-coo' call from Strange Brew.
'All my day long' is beautiful. They should write haikus.