The girls have two items that they've slept with since day 1.
Their beloved Nannie blankets. Made by great-grandmother Nannie.
And a tiny stuffed animal, a black and white puppy, from their great-grandmother Nana.
Both the blankets and the puppies awaited the girls' birth and joined them in the tiny NICU bassinets for the first four weeks of their lives.
Then, blessedly, the babies, blankets and puppies arrived home and have slumbered together ever since.
I don't worry about the Nannie blankets holding out. After all, mine is still rocking along (we'll not mention an actual number here).
But the puppies. I just don't know. They're doing fine so far. Maybe I should start searching eBay. Just in case.

Their beloved Nannie blankets. Made by great-grandmother Nannie.
And a tiny stuffed animal, a black and white puppy, from their great-grandmother Nana.
Both the blankets and the puppies awaited the girls' birth and joined them in the tiny NICU bassinets for the first four weeks of their lives.
Then, blessedly, the babies, blankets and puppies arrived home and have slumbered together ever since.
I don't worry about the Nannie blankets holding out. After all, mine is still rocking along (we'll not mention an actual number here).
But the puppies. I just don't know. They're doing fine so far. Maybe I should start searching eBay. Just in case.

No comments:
Post a Comment