Saturday, December 20, 2008

Feeling Poorly

You may have noticed that Em seemed a little less bright and shiny than usual in yesterday's cookie making session.


Towards the end of the cleanup she started whining. Then, she grabbed her blankie and then her thumb. And got in my lap. That's when I noticed how toasty she was. The thermometer said 98.9 and that's enough to feel yucky.




After some Tylenol, I gave her some snuggle time and she fell asleep quickly. About and hour and a half earlier than her normal nap time. So, she got to sleep in Mama's bed while Roo and I played, ate lunch and read stories.

before the fever broke

after - little sweaty head and pushed off covers

She woke up from her nap feeling lots better, but by bedtime was running a fever again. This time 100.3. I called the on-call doctor because this is so close on the heels of her pneumonia recovery. Em has no other symptoms of illness other than the fever. So, we're to wait and see.
Full recovery and excellent health prayers are most appreciated!

No comments: