Saturday, December 20, 2008

Sweet Baby J

Nope, this is not a commentary about a James Taylor song. This is a warning. And a request for understanding and the feigning of deafness.

IF you should hear the RGs yell out, "Sweet baby Jesus!" sometime in the near future, please please do not:
a) judge
b) say, "WHAT did you say?" (thus causing them to repeat it)
c) spit-take
d) laugh

Just ignore. Or if you must say something, maybe start singing "Away In A Manger" or "What Child Is This".

Let me explain. The RGs have this little nativity scene (courtesy of the McGrandparents). It's so darling. Each piece is a finger puppet, but can also stand alone. So, Roo walks around with her finger stuck inside the manger holding the baby Jesus.

And she keeps chewing on Him!

In response, I remind her that it is not for her mouth. I say, "We don't put the sweet baby Jesus in our mouths." Or, "Sweet baby Jesus is not a chew toy, Roo, take Him out of your mouth."

Apparently the only part of those sentences that has stuck is "sweet baby Jesus."

Oh. Lord.

*****
Also, the Virgin Mary is MIA. She's been located at the McGrands house inside a toy train tunnel. With her twin (the Mary to cousin Jonah's nativity set). So, now we add to our list of fail, two kidnapped Mary's lined up on the railroad tracks in a train tunnel.

7 comments:

Smooch said...

Sweet Baby Jesus, this is cracking me up. It sounds like a curse. I've been trying to clean it up around here and one of my "alternative" curses is "sweet valley high."

Mrs. Joyce said...

It's not as bad as you write it, you know!

Becky at "Cheese My Head" said...

I'm trying to get all my giggling over with while I read this post, instead of when/if I actually hear it. But I can't promise a laugh won't slip out as a snort, or something. It's just too funny!

Anonymous said...

I got a Precious Moments Christmas card in the mail today. It has the PM nativity and says "Sweet Baby Jesus" underneath the manger. I laughed out loud when I saw it. I'm sure that wasn't the effect my cousin was going for when she sent the card.

Thanks, RG, for the laugh!

Mallory & Kelby said...

too funny! your girls are hysterical! Merry Christmas!

Staci said...

I love your family. You just make me smile.

headlesschickie said...

I was laughing out loud. One of the reasons I missed my computer access was b/c of your blog. But now I have hilarity saved up!

Also, I'm forwarding this one to Nan. "We don't put sweet baby Jesus in our mouths." Hahaha!