Tonight I was singing a few songs that I used to hum or sing before Em and Roo were born. Em hopped up and ran to me. She curled into a ball and laid her head on my tummy and listened to me sing with her ear against my hip bone.
Three and a half years ago she resided there for several months, head down, in that same position, on that same right side. When I finished singing, she jumped up nuzzled against my chest and then ran back to the window seat.
It's funny, but now that I think about it, Roo most enjoys snuggling tucked into my left side, head up. And when the girls roll around in bed together, they usually, unconsciously, resume their in-utero positions. Head to foot, facing inward towards each other. Kicking, laughing, rolling, playing.
Maybe it's time to pull out the ultrasound footage and see what they have to say about it.
Three and a half years ago she resided there for several months, head down, in that same position, on that same right side. When I finished singing, she jumped up nuzzled against my chest and then ran back to the window seat.
It's funny, but now that I think about it, Roo most enjoys snuggling tucked into my left side, head up. And when the girls roll around in bed together, they usually, unconsciously, resume their in-utero positions. Head to foot, facing inward towards each other. Kicking, laughing, rolling, playing.
Maybe it's time to pull out the ultrasound footage and see what they have to say about it.
3 comments:
Of course they do! Help them reconnect before they forget. I love it.
That is so cool! I know, subconsciously or consciously, Jonah remembers his lullabies from when he was a newborn. I'm fascinated that Em remembers her "spot" and those songs from in-utero. It's so amazing!
Christel, that is AWESOME! For a good year or so, every time I sang the lullaby that I sang in the NICU, Noah would run over to me and cry these big, huge tears. As soon as I would stop singing, he would stop crying immediately and sign/say "again". Isn't it interesting what they recall?!
Post a Comment