Our playgroup went blackberry picking this week. This was a first for the RGs. Daddy was able to come with us, too.
Em ate at least a pound of blackberries (and strawberries) straight off the vine. She also insisted on carrying the basket the entire time. Very important work.
Roo asked me several times if we were camping again.
J was a berry picking machine and moved down the row quickly. Em and I lagged behind and Roo traveled back and forth between us. I noticed that it was taking Roo an extraordinarily long time to complete her trip. She would make it about half way, then turn around and go back to J, then start over. He said she was snitching blackberries from his basket and would finish eating them before she made the trip to my end of the row. So, she'd return for another snack, finish it midway, and start over again. I think it took her half an hour to make the entire trip.


Once our baskets were full of strawberries, blackberries, summer squash and yellow onions, we took a break. Homemade strawberry puree popsicles. The ultimate happysicles.

Em and Roo were enchanted by the tiny tractor. In pink. Adorable.

And we finished out our trip putting our face in the ladybug's spots and taking pictures.

A berry delicious day.

Em ate at least a pound of blackberries (and strawberries) straight off the vine. She also insisted on carrying the basket the entire time. Very important work.
Once our baskets were full of strawberries, blackberries, summer squash and yellow onions, we took a break. Homemade strawberry puree popsicles. The ultimate happysicles.
A berry delicious day.
5 comments:
What a great place! Did they have blueberries?
Em's hair looks lighter in these...just the lighting? This is nothing but cute, cute, cute!
Re:your title...when we go to the farm AG says she and I are fahrmah dirls. She wears galoshes and stomps around like she's in charge.
Any rainboots in these girls possession? No good shoe collection is complete without them!
So fun! Their hair is getting so long!!! My pretty nieces :)
Mental Note: Must remember to go there when we finally make it back to TX.
Love the "giraffe" t-shirts. My mouth is watering at the summer squash. Looks like they had a great time.
I want to go!!! That sounds like SO MUCH FUN! I used to sit in my Ma's garden when I was a little girl, surrounded by strawberries, eating as many as I could reach...good memories.
Post a Comment