Thursday, September 10, 2009

Back in the Jungle

Tuesday night, Aunt Kaki gave us a free pass and watched the girls for the entire evening.
Mmmmmwwaaa, xxoo, love & hugs & more kisses all to Aunt Kaki!
After eating our way across downtown, J and I spent an enjoyable night away at a beautiful and historic hotel.
Meanwhile, back in the jungle...

These are the text messages that Aunt Kaki sent.

Girls in bed, reading away at their books. We watched part of The Great Muppet Caper by request and they just snuggled up to me and were so sweet. They ate well and danced a little before bed. All in all, a good bedtime.

Later I replied to her text asking if they were asleep yet.

Yes, finally asleep... after Roo pooped. Then, Em swiped Roo's hat after she fell asleep and came out of the room to show me and ask me to change the cd to the Curious George soundtrack. Haha.

I apologized for the poop.

No big deal. They gave themselves away before I smelled it. They were chanting "Stinky Pants! Stinky Pants!" Crackin' me up..

This afternoon, after her full workday, Aunt Kaki wrote again to say...
Had a lot of fun watching the girls. We should do it again. They were so sweet.

Um, yes. Yes we should do it again, Kak. Just.Say.When.

3 comments:

Mrs. Joyce said...

You all crack me up. McEntertainment.

Becky at "Cheese My Head" said...

Wow. Super jealous. Awesome Aunt Kaki's need to be cloned.

Anonymous said...

I love it! Thanks, you're too flattering. Part of why it cracked me up so much when Em came out was due to prior events. Not long after I shut the door at bedtime I heard Roo screaming. Watching on the monitor I could see that Em kept stealing the light up spider ball from Roo. It was quite a cat fight but I figured they'd have to work it out themselves. Not too long afterward I hear them giggling and chanting 'stinky pants'. I clean Ruby up and she falls asleep not 15 minutes after that, barely moved from where I left her. Then ever so quietly the door clicks and Em cautiously steps out with Roo's hat on and is BEAMING a smile of pride. And of course she took the opprotunity to ask to switch the music. Roo beat her to the punch when I asked what they wanted to listen to for bedtime. Soooo funny. Becky, move down here and I will happily watch Jbear & Gracie!!! And I'll be sure to bring the duct tape for Jbear's door.