8:00pm... RGs are tucked in bed and all signs point towards sleep.
8:45pm... Yelling, slamming, crazy noise forces me back in their room. Roo's pooped her pants and they're building something out of items I keep stored under their beds.
9:30pm... Back in to restore order and shut down the slumber party. Again.
10:oopm... Make a comment here and jinx myself. Badly.
10:30pm... All quiet, but I can't sleep.
1:00am... I fall asleep.
5:00am... Em.Wakes.Up.
5:10am... Em is trying to forcibly wake Roo up. Shaking her and yelling, "G'Mornin' Roo!"
5:11am... Extract Em from her room and put her in bed with me.
5:15-5:59am... Tell Em every 2 minutes to go back to sleep, leave XYZ alone, and that there is nothing on TV for her to see because it's the middle of the night.
6:00am... Drift off only to wake up being smothered. Em is reenacting a kissing scene and has her face squished against mine, mouth on mine. My nose is completely blocked by her face.
6:05am... Put Em in the PeaPod in the guest room and twist-tie the zippers together so she can't open it.
6:17am.. Asleep.
8:30am... WAKE UP! in a panic. Alarm was supposed to go off at 7am. Preschool starts at 9am.
8:31am... Wake up Em, wake up Roo, get them dressed.
8:35am... Make school lunches
8:39am... Get myself dressed.
8:41am... Throw milk in cups and cheerios in sandwich bags.
8:42am... Put on shoes, load backpacks, grab Nannie blankets, get in car.
8:49am... Pull out of garage.
9:02am... Walk into chapel at preschool and sing the Good Morning song with my girls.
9:20am... Stumble to car, drive directly to Starbucks and wish I'd made 30 seconds to brush my teeth.
8:45pm... Yelling, slamming, crazy noise forces me back in their room. Roo's pooped her pants and they're building something out of items I keep stored under their beds.
9:30pm... Back in to restore order and shut down the slumber party. Again.
10:oopm... Make a comment here and jinx myself. Badly.
10:30pm... All quiet, but I can't sleep.
1:00am... I fall asleep.
5:00am... Em.Wakes.Up.
5:10am... Em is trying to forcibly wake Roo up. Shaking her and yelling, "G'Mornin' Roo!"
5:11am... Extract Em from her room and put her in bed with me.
5:15-5:59am... Tell Em every 2 minutes to go back to sleep, leave XYZ alone, and that there is nothing on TV for her to see because it's the middle of the night.
6:00am... Drift off only to wake up being smothered. Em is reenacting a kissing scene and has her face squished against mine, mouth on mine. My nose is completely blocked by her face.
6:05am... Put Em in the PeaPod in the guest room and twist-tie the zippers together so she can't open it.
6:17am.. Asleep.
8:30am... WAKE UP! in a panic. Alarm was supposed to go off at 7am. Preschool starts at 9am.
8:31am... Wake up Em, wake up Roo, get them dressed.
8:35am... Make school lunches
8:39am... Get myself dressed.
8:41am... Throw milk in cups and cheerios in sandwich bags.
8:42am... Put on shoes, load backpacks, grab Nannie blankets, get in car.
8:49am... Pull out of garage.
9:02am... Walk into chapel at preschool and sing the Good Morning song with my girls.
9:20am... Stumble to car, drive directly to Starbucks and wish I'd made 30 seconds to brush my teeth.
6 comments:
Oh, Christel...what a day you had!! I would be cranky too! And tired!! Hopefully, ya'll will get to bed early tonight and sleep early!
love ya
blithey blythe
And Mammaw is up at 2:30 in the morning reading this....I am be grouchy tomorrow.
Whoa. At least you had a few hours without them. To brush your teeth?
Those are the days I go back home and take a nice nap.
Poor Mamma CB. Dad leaves town and the girls go nuts--I remember those nights! Will pray for peace.
Poor Mommy. Dad leaves town and the girls go nuts. I remember those nights. Will pray for peace.
Post a Comment