Bedtime conversations took a random turn tonight.
Roo's been curious about people's names and has been asking a lot of questions.
"What's Marmee's name? What's Mammaw's name?"
Roo's very clear on our immediate family's last name and that it ties us together. She assigns it to both of the dogs, as well. She, now, picks up on the same-last-name patterns from my side of the family and J's. She likes hearing the middle names and I'll also tack on maiden names to help her make sense of the connections. In addition, she's figuring out boys and girls and how to use 'he' and 'she' and 'him' and 'her'.
But, somewhere along the verbal path, things got all confused.
She named a cousin and stated that he was a girl. And just couldn't even be convinced otherwise.
Next, she went back through the family tree and added my maiden name to everyone else's names and wrapped it all up by explaining they all lived in Africa now.
Meanwhile, Em was prancing about, naked as a jay bird, but for a Nannie Blanket cape, monologuing. "I not kiss a frog! Ewwwwww! Blech!" Then, she told me she was a fancy lady and proceded to rip off the blanket and hollar, "TaDa!"
Things just keep getting stranger around here.
3 comments:
Love this post :)
I guess they wouldn't be the Rowdy Girls if everything was normal around there, huh?
Wow! Your posts crack me up! I love hearing all of the fun stories of your Rowdy Girls!! Between you and Becky, I'm never at a loss for entertainment :)
Gee. This reminds me of way too many days and nights with you and your sisters. I hardly knew how the conversations got started or where they were going and ended. Must be hereditary.
Post a Comment