Monday, June 14, 2010

tutus are for suckers


The RGs attended the birthday party of some sweet playgroup friends.
The trio celebrated turning 5 with a princess, superhero and pirate party.
It was awesome.
Lots of yummies, dressing up, toys, play equipment and bouncing with good friends.

Em and Roo each received a tutu, fairy wand and princess tiara for favors. But, they (not so secretly) longed for the boys' favor bag with the pirate/superhero loot inside. As we exited, I was able to exchange their bags and handed them over once we got to the car.
You would have thought it was Christmas!

So, for 2 days now, we've had a couple of buccaneers running about, with super hero capes on for added measure. They've answered nearly every question with "Argh!!!" and are in character for at least 50% of the day.
In fact, Roo has a complete alter ego now named Pirate Finnegan.
I was told this evening that "I not pirate Em now, just Em."
It's hard to tell when they switch back to regular people sometimes.




No comments: