Wednesday, December 14, 2011

the one where I could have pulled out the embryo photos

True Story


--------

Me: So, if Miss J gets a dog, what kind of dog should she get? A loud one or a quiet one?


Roo: One that will not sniff me or lick me.


Roo: Really, she should just get a fish.


Roo: I think we should take Maggie and Mo back to Petsmart and get a fish instead.


Me: Maggie and Mo didn't come from Petsmart. Mo was rescued. She didn't have a place or a home at all.


Roo: Where did Maggie come from?


Me: She had a good home and family and a mom named Meg and a dad named Beck. They had a lot of puppies, so Maggie had a lot of brothers and sisters. When they were big enough, they were ready for families of their own. So, Daddy and I picked out Maggie and made her part of our family.


Roo: Did you and Daddy pick me and Em out?


{crickets}


Roo: Well?


Me: Um… God picked you out. {tiny voice} and so did Dr. H.


R: Whatever

-------

No comments: