Thursday, January 31, 2008

Brought to you by the Letter X

Roo is fascinated by the letter "X" this week. All things alphabet related have been narrowed down to that particular letter.

Here she is at dinner last night. She refused to let go of the refrigerator magnet "X".


(I liked both these photos equally, so you get to see them both)

Today, as soon as breakfast was over,
she began the search for her two objects.

(Roo's two objects are carefully selected and toted about in her fists all day long.)

Because I recently divided up their toys and have them on a 3 day rotation schedule, the fridge magnets weren't available. So, she emptied all of the baskets on the shelf and couldn't find the right items. Finally, a trip to the wagon o blocks produced the the proper results.

When she finally set them down, I got a chance to see which blocks were the chosen ones.


Of course.

What really astounds me is that the block on the right has the letters T and G on the opposite sides. They are brightly colored and easy to spot.
The "X" on that block is not the outstanding feature.

Before lunch, the girls asked to see the Baby Signing Time dvd. It's a big deal and requires concentration.

But, not so much that you would want to let go of the Letter "X".
(or your Nannie Blanket)




*Edited to add: It was only after being asked to show Mommy the letter X that she laid both blocks down and I realized what she had selected. I thought there was only 1 block with an X on it.

2 comments:

Becky at "Cheese My Head" said...

My nieces are the cutest evah.

p.s. we find out on Feb 13 if you're getting a new niece or nephew

kasogayle said...

Brilliant, I say!!! How funny...wonder why X?