Tuesday, June 17, 2008

No Place Like Home

We are home.

It feels like we've been gone for months, not 2 weeks. The girls were really happy to see their beds. And their sweet teacher at Mom's Day Out. And oddly enough, their high chairs. But, Roo has also been asking for Nannie all day. And tonight during prayers, Em said Grandpa, Roo said "Narnee" (Marmee) and both said Nannie.

A few extra pictures from our time away from home.

Em. Worn out and falling asleep on the couch an hour before nap time.

Em finding the balloon bouquet to celebrate Father's Day and various anniversaries. She hogged the whole thing and stumbled around like a one-man-band with the balloons knocking together and the ribbons tangling between her knees. Roo had no chance at it.

Roo hopping into the sandbox 10 minutes after arriving home. Em had a 5 minute lead on her. They went out through the dog's door.

Home Sweet Home.

4 comments:

Becky at "Cheese My Head" said...

That pic of Em asleep on the couch melted me. Did she fight off whatever she was coming down with?

I watched the Dubbie slide show earlier today. I'd never seen that picture of him giving you a bath in the sink. Made me go into the ugly cry!

Love you,
Beak

headlesschickie said...

Awwww, I love it when my kids are excited to be back home! That sandbox just couldn't wait!

I just watched the Dubbie slide show and it is amazing. What a special man! I didn't realize that he was a life long Abilenian...that's neat. So sorry for your loss.

Flawed And Disorderly said...

Yay home!

Sun-Moon Mom said...

I just watch the slide show and I have to say that it was amazing. Dubbie seemed to be the happiest with a baby in his arms. What a loving and generous soul. Never met him, but you can see it in his eyes and smile.
The slide show brought tears to my eyes not just because it was so heartfelt and beautiful, but because it reminds me of home. The pictures of Dubbie's early days are so similar to my Grandfather's pictures. Texas is like no other place on earth and when you see the pictures it makes you wish you were there again.
Thank you so much for sharing Dubbie with all of us through your words, pictures and love. He continues to touch so many people through you and your entire family. What a wonderful legacy he has left for all of us.
Kt.