Because The Rowdy Girls blog is morphing into a comprehensive chronicle of the girls' formative years, I'll be backtracking, periodically, to include some special pre-blog memories. Which certainly includes Em's and Roo's first Christmas.
We spent Christmas eve and day with the McGrandparents and extended family. Then, we went onto visit Mammaw and Pappaw. And I can't locate the pictures we must have taken on the second leg of the trip.
Em was pretty overwhelmed by the whole present-unwrapping thing. Look how glazed over her eyes are!

But then she discovered delicious wrapping paper. M-m-m.
I'm pretty sure her diaper contents were Christmas colored because she sucked all the color out of some red and green tissue paper when I looked away. I also recall Roo's drool being festive colored, meaning she did the same thing. No judging. There are two of them!
Roo was pretty studious about the entire gift process. What a surprise. This toy is still a hit. Now, she removes all the caterpillar's pieces and stacks them or reorganizes them to make higher order numbers.
I really love this picture of Roo and Nannie. They each have their mouths pursed in the same expression. And then the look in Roo's eyes as she receives a kiss from Dubbie. Oh, that is a precious memory.

And speaking of Roo's big blue eyes...
This little monkey finger puppet was just a tad too close. Poor little cross-eyed baby.
It was a wonderful first Christmas spent with so many of the people we love so dearly. The girls' second Christmas was posted about in the early days of this blog. And of course, number 3 is quickly approaching!
We spent Christmas eve and day with the McGrandparents and extended family. Then, we went onto visit Mammaw and Pappaw. And I can't locate the pictures we must have taken on the second leg of the trip.
Em was pretty overwhelmed by the whole present-unwrapping thing. Look how glazed over her eyes are!
But then she discovered delicious wrapping paper. M-m-m.
I'm pretty sure her diaper contents were Christmas colored because she sucked all the color out of some red and green tissue paper when I looked away. I also recall Roo's drool being festive colored, meaning she did the same thing. No judging. There are two of them!
Roo was pretty studious about the entire gift process. What a surprise. This toy is still a hit. Now, she removes all the caterpillar's pieces and stacks them or reorganizes them to make higher order numbers.
I really love this picture of Roo and Nannie. They each have their mouths pursed in the same expression. And then the look in Roo's eyes as she receives a kiss from Dubbie. Oh, that is a precious memory.
And speaking of Roo's big blue eyes...
This little monkey finger puppet was just a tad too close. Poor little cross-eyed baby.
It was a wonderful first Christmas spent with so many of the people we love so dearly. The girls' second Christmas was posted about in the early days of this blog. And of course, number 3 is quickly approaching!
1 comment:
Precious, so very precious. Dubbie is kissing them still, and if they could communicate it, they would confirm.
Post a Comment