Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Not So Fantastic

The Rowdy Girls are seeeee-ick.

After a very happy Thanksgiving...

with the McGrandparents and all affiliated aunts, uncles and cousins...
the coughing began. Then the whining. Then the fevers.

What we seem to have going on is an early onset case of pneumonia in Em and an ear infection with loads of coughing and congestion in Roo. Em had a chest x-ray yesterday and they both saw the pediatrician. The entire surface of their dresser is littered in prescription and OTC meds. Poor poor babies.

This is the first major illness they have had. Unless you count the NICU days. Which I don't.

Mammaw is visiting this week and has not had quite the experience for which we hoped. But, man are we glad she's here! The extra lap and set of arms to snuggle a pitiful toddler are mighty helpful.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope that the RG's are starting to feel better. We will be praying for them...and for you, Jamie and Mammaw. Wish we were there to help you out. We love you guys, Blythe

Vanessa said...

Oh no, poor RG's (and poor mama, daddy & mammaw). You are in our thoughts and prayers. Get well soon!

Mrs. Joyce said...

I love my Rowdy punkins, and would love to snuggle too.

Staci said...

Oh, Christel, I'm so sorry. What a crummy way to end a fun trip. I hope their little bodies clear up soon and that you all can get some sleep.
~~Staci~~

Smooch said...

Oh no! I didn't realize they were THAT sick. I hope they are on the mend.

Flawed And Disorderly said...

Aw, unless I'm just imagining things, they even look sick in this picture through their little eyes. Poor babies!