Wednesday, April 29, 2009

they say it's your birthday

The girls had a wonderful 3rd birthday!

We celebrated with the McGrandparents, Aunt Kaki, and 7 of the girls' friends from playgroups or school (along with their families).

This year, the theme was an ice cream social. Daddy brewed homemade Rowdy Girl root beer. We had cake, treats, loads of ice cream, and probably should have had the party sponsored by a pediatric dentist.
The weather held, so the outside play stuff was what it was all about. The newly assembled swing set, bouncy house, sandbox and trikes were all up for grabs.
It was a great little party with sweet friends, yummy treats and happy kids.

The girls are still talking about their "happy you cake party". My 3rd birthday party is my first memory and I hope that this is one of Em's and Roo's lasting impressions.


6 comments:

Unknown said...

".......it's my birthday, too, yeah....."

I GET IT!

loved the slide show!

Mrs. Joyce said...

I liked the slide show almost as much as being there, and I LOVED being there!

Ed & Debra Lloyd said...

Looks like you had a wonderful day and ice cream....my very favorite. Love you girls.

Leigh Ann said...

What a blast! A party like that is sure to be one of their first and best memories.

Becky at "Cheese My Head" said...

Jonah watched this and then bellowed, "again!", so I pressed play again, and when it was over, he bellowed, "again!". And so it went for almost 1/2 and hour! He was convinced that HE was in one of those pictures. Wish we could have really been there. Love ya'll!

JennyHaha said...

Loved the last picture and the song has a whole new meaning for me now!!!

My word verification is heepless.