I've lived here 10 years. This is the first winter I've been here during a snowfall. And it's the first time I've seen it accumulate on the ground. Ditto for the Rowdy Girls.
So, as soon as it started coming down this morning, we piled on coats and ran outside before leaving for school.
By noon, there was something to play in, so I picked the girls up early from school.
Em pointed out each little flake, and Roo wanted to squish her shoes in it.
When we got home, we had some playtime. Em was thrilled! She wanted to throw snowballs, make snowmen and eat snow.
We made a teeny tiny snow man. This was a first for the RGs.
Em really wanted to go inside and get a carrot for his nose, but that would have defied the laws of gravity.
She was happy, though, putting a little berry on his head to be his hat.
Em says, "Awww! He's so cute."
Roo was not so thrilled with the sanctioned snow playtime. Much like her mama, she does not care for the cold and wet. I was able to get a quick "cheese!" from her and then she was off for the warm indoors. Smart girl.
Afterwards, we did the obligatory hot cocoa with real coffee cups! This has been quite the exciting day. Glad we took pictures, too, because it's going to be sunny and near 60 tomorrow!
3 comments:
Love all the pink and yellow marshmallow cuteness!
Love all those pics!!! And that is the craziest weather! Michael's in Houston today for business, and they're supposed to get a snow/rain mix even down there!
Just opened the computer and was going to FB you and see if you got snow. Well, the blog answered that question. What a treat for all of you.
Post a Comment