Once upon a time I joined a message board for other mommies that had twins due in June of '06. And some 3 years later, we are still chatting and sharing our lives and our families with each other. Though I've never met a single one of these special ladies, they've become dear friends. We swap Christmas cards, share prayer requests, celebrate and mourn with each other.
We are spread across the country, though a few families are located in the same geographic regions. And those mommies have had the chance to meet.
In. Real. Life.
Finally, this week, I was able to meet up with the other Texas mommy!!!
Though not ideal circumstances (Hurricane Ike...evacuation...no power at home... staying in my town), we were able to carve out 2 playdates.
It was such a wonderfully normal visit. We were old friends, who've not actually met before.
The faces of her children were familiar to me, as was her face. We slipped into conversation with ease and I parted ways with her feeling regret. That we didn't have more time together.

Lunching at Chick-fil-A, our first playdate.
Crushing on the twins' big brother.
Dogpile in the slide.
Worn.Out. at home.
D & T working the sandbox at the 2nd playdate.
Em & Roo chilling in the shade.
S. Having a chat with D & T waaaay up in the top of the playhouse tower.
Em on her way up the tower.
Strawberry break. Is this D or T? I forget who had which color assigned.
Home base. Em fishing for strawberries.
We are spread across the country, though a few families are located in the same geographic regions. And those mommies have had the chance to meet.
In. Real. Life.
Finally, this week, I was able to meet up with the other Texas mommy!!!
Though not ideal circumstances (Hurricane Ike...evacuation...no power at home... staying in my town), we were able to carve out 2 playdates.
It was such a wonderfully normal visit. We were old friends, who've not actually met before.
The faces of her children were familiar to me, as was her face. We slipped into conversation with ease and I parted ways with her feeling regret. That we didn't have more time together.

Crushing on the twins' big brother.
No comments:
Post a Comment