Friday, July 30, 2010

I think it's English

Toddler slang has segued into preschool lingo. Some of my favorites are these...

From Em
"Finger tracks"
translation: finger prints when finger painting

"Cowboy knee"
translation: I want to play horsie and sit on your knee.

"hipcuts"
translation: hiccups

"sparkle teef"
translation: I just brushed my teeth and they sparkle.

"super taste"
translation: Super Target

From Roo

"I fuff an puff "
translation: I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow the house down.

"Pray me a secret"
translation: whispered prayers right before lights out at bedtime

"peanut butter spoon"
translation: Instead of a sandwich, I want a big glop of peanut butter on a spoon to eat.

"m'lady"
translation: a new nickname for Mama

"I surely do"
translation: Yes, I'll do that.

"talk to me"
translation: y'all be quiet because I've got something to say


3 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

M'lady is my total favorite. Get that one on video!

Ed & Debra Lloyd said...

My question is: Do they curtsy when they say it?

Becky at "Cheese My Head" said...

yeah - I totally gave J a peanut butter spoon last night. He wouldn't eat the pizza (?!!!) we had for dinner, and I needed him to eat SOMEthing before we headed to kinder orientation.